Pokemon Red ROM is available to download and play on the GBC emulator. You can download the ROM file and Pokemon Red emulator from below. These ROMs can be played on any Mac, Windows, Android, or iPhone device. Pokemon Red is available in English and Japanese versions.
Pokemon Red ROM
- File: Pokemon Red ROM
- Console: GBC
- Genre: Role Playing
- Region: Europe, USA
- Platforms: Android, Mac, iPhone, Windows
Download Pokemon Red ROM from below:
|Pokemon Red Version ROM
|Pokemon Red ROM [USA, Europe]
|Pocket Monster Red ROM [Japan]
Pokemon Red Emulator
|Pokemon Red Emulator for Windows and Mac
|Pokemon Red Emulator for Android
|Pokemon Red Emulator for iPhone
Also See –> Pokemon White ROM
Setup and Installation
- Download and install Pokemon Red ROM and Pokemon Red emulator.
- Open the Emulator.
- Now open the ROM file inside the emulator.
- Click on play.
Pokemon Red is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. It was first released in Japan in 1996 for the Game Boy console, and it later became available worldwide. The game is part of the Pokemon franchise, which revolves around capturing and training various creatures called Pokemon, battling other trainers, and ultimately becoming a Pokemon champion. In Pokemon Red, players assume the role of a young trainer who sets out on a journey to collect and train Pokemon, explore the world, and defeat gym leaders and the Elite Four to become the Pokemon champion.
The story of Pokemon Red follows the journey of a young Pokemon trainer who sets out on a quest to catch and train Pokemon in the Kanto region. The ultimate goal of the game is to become the Pokemon Champion by defeating the region’s eight gym leaders and the Elite Four.
The game begins with the player receiving their first Pokemon from Professor Oak, a well-known Pokemon researcher. The player can choose from three starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
The player then sets out to explore the Kanto region, which is filled with various towns, cities, forests, and caves. Along the way, the player must catch Pokemon, train them, and battle other trainers to increase their strength and skills.
As the player travels through Kanto, they encounter Team Rocket, an evil organization that seeks to use Pokemon for their own nefarious purposes. The player must battle Team Rocket members and foil their plans to succeed in their quest.
As the player defeats gym leaders and gains more badges, they can access new areas and encounter stronger Pokemon. Eventually, the player reaches the Elite Four, a group of elite trainers who must be defeated to become the Pokemon Champion.
After defeating the Elite Four and the Champion, the player becomes the new Pokemon Champion and is recognized as the most powerful Pokemon trainer in the Kanto region.
Overall, Pokemon Red’s story is a classic tale of adventure, exploration, and the bond between humans and Pokemon.
The gameplay of Pokemon Red is a mix of exploration, strategy, and turn-based battles. The game is played from a top-down perspective, with the player controlling a single character as they navigate the Kanto region.
The core gameplay revolves around catching and training various Pokemon to build a strong and diverse team. Players can encounter wild Pokemon while exploring, and they can use Poke Balls to catch them. Once caught, the player can train their Pokemon by battling other trainers and wild Pokemon.
Pokemon battles are a key element of the gameplay, with players facing off against other trainers and the various gym leaders throughout Kanto. Battles take place in a turn-based format, with each Pokemon taking turns to attack, use items, or switch out.
Each Pokemon has its own unique set of stats, moves, and abilities that can be used to gain an advantage in battle. Players must use strategy and careful planning to create a well-rounded team that can overcome different types of opponents.
In addition to battling, players can also explore the Kanto region, interact with non-playable characters, and collect items and equipment to aid in their journey. Some areas of the game are only accessible after obtaining certain items or badges, adding an element of progression to the gameplay.
Overall, Pokemon Red’s gameplay is a fun and engaging mix of exploration, strategy, and battles that requires players to think critically and plan ahead to become a successful Pokemon trainer.
Here are some of the key features of Pokemon Red:
- Catching and training Pokemon: Players can catch and train a wide variety of Pokemon found throughout the Kanto region. Each Pokemon has its own unique set of stats, moves, and abilities that can be used to gain an advantage in battles.
- Turn-based battles: Pokemon battles take place in a turn-based format, with each Pokemon taking turns to attack, use items, or switch out. Players must use strategy and careful planning to defeat their opponents.
- Gym battles and the Elite Four: As players explore the Kanto region, they can challenge gym leaders to earn badges that grant access to new areas. Ultimately, players must defeat the Elite Four to become the Pokemon Champion.
- Evolution: Pokemon can evolve into more powerful forms as they gain experience in battles. Evolution can change a Pokemon’s stats, moves, and appearance.
- Trading: Players can trade Pokemon with other players via a link cable, allowing them to obtain rare or exclusive Pokemon not found in their version of the game.
- Items and equipment: Players can collect and use a variety of items and equipment throughout their journey, such as Poke Balls for catching Pokemon, healing items for restoring health, and TMs for teaching new moves to Pokemon.
- Exploration: Players can explore the Kanto region, interact with non-playable characters, and collect items and equipment to aid in their journey. Some areas of the game are only accessible after obtaining certain items or badges.
Pokemon Red Starter
In Pokemon Red, players can choose from one of three starter Pokemon at the beginning of the game. The three starter Pokemon are:
- Bulbasaur: A Grass/Poison type Pokemon with the ability to use powerful grass-type moves and absorb health with its leech seed ability. Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur at level 16 and then into Venusaur at level 32.
- Charmander: A Fire-type Pokemon with the ability to use powerful fire-type moves and fly by learning the HM Fly. Charmander evolves into Charmeleon at level 16 and then into Charizard at level 36.
- Squirtle: A Water-type Pokemon with the ability to use powerful water-type moves and learn the HM Surf to travel across water. Squirtle evolves into Wartortle at level 16 and then into Blastoise at level 36.
Each starter Pokemon has its own strengths and weaknesses, and the choice of which one to pick ultimately depends on the player’s preferred playstyle. For example, Bulbasaur is a good choice for players who prefer a defensive and strategic approach, while Charmander is a good choice for players who prefer an offensive and aggressive approach. Squirtle is a good choice for players who want a well-rounded Pokemon with balanced stats.
Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Chapter 1: Pallet Town
- Receive your starter Pokemon from Professor Oak
- Battle your rival for the first time
Chapter 2: Route 1
- Catch your first Pokemon
- Battle against wild Pokemon and trainers
- Reach Viridian City
Chapter 3: Viridian City
- Visit the Pokemon Center and the Poke Mart
- Meet the Gym Leader, Giovanni
- Battle against the first Gym Leader, Brock
Chapter 4: Route 3
- Battle against trainers and wild Pokemon
- Reach Mt. Moon
Chapter 5: Mt. Moon
- Explore the caves and battle against Team Rocket
- Obtain the first fossil
Chapter 6: Cerulean City
- Battle against the second Gym Leader, Misty
- Visit the Bike Shop and obtain a bike voucher
Chapter 7: Vermilion City
- Board the S.S. Anne and battle against trainers
- Obtain the HM Cut and teach it to one of your Pokemon
- Battle against the third Gym Leader, Lt. Surge
Chapter 8: Route 12
- Catch a new Pokemon
- Explore the Pokemon Mansion
Chapter 9: Lavender Town
- Visit the Pokemon Tower and encounter Team Rocket
- Obtain the Silph Scope
Chapter 10: Celadon City
- Visit the department store and obtain the HM Fly
- Battle against the fourth Gym Leader, Erika
- Visit the Game Corner and obtain the Coin Case
Chapter 11: Fuchsia City
- Battle against the fifth Gym Leader, Koga
- Explore the Safari Zone and catch new Pokemon
Chapter 12: Saffron City
- Battle against Team Rocket and rescue Silph Co.
- Obtain the HM Surf and teach it to one of your Pokemon
- Battle against the sixth Gym Leader, Sabrina
Chapter 13: Route 22
- Train your Pokemon and catch new ones
Chapter 14: Viridian City
- Battle against your rival for the final time
- Obtain the Earth Badge from the eighth Gym Leader, Giovanni
Chapter 15: Victory Road
- Navigate through Victory Road and battle against trainers
Chapter 16: Pokemon League
- Battle against the Elite Four and the Champion, Gary
- Become the new Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Red Pokedex
|A small, quadrupedal creature with a bulb on its back that grows as it evolves. It uses its bulb to absorb sunlight and store energy.
|A small, bipedal lizard with a flame on the tip of its tail. It can breathe fire and is weak against water-type moves.
|A small, quadrupedal turtle with a shell on its back. It can shoot water from its mouth and is weak against grass-type moves.
|A small bird with brown feathers. It can fly at high speeds and is commonly found in grassy areas.
|A small, rodent-like creature with sharp teeth. It is nocturnal and often found in urban areas.
|A serpent-like creature with a pattern of purple and yellow stripes. It can coil around its prey and has a toxic bite.
|A small, mouse-like creature with yellow fur and red cheeks. It can store electricity in its cheeks and release it in a powerful shock.
|A small, mammalian creature with sharp claws and tough skin. It can roll into a ball for protection.
|A small, quadrupedal creature with a purple body and blue spikes on its back. It can release toxic spines from its back.
|A small, quadrupedal creature with a blue body and purple spikes on its back. It can release toxic spines from its back.
|A small, bipedal creature with pink fur and a curled tail. It is known for its ability to dance and can use its fairy-type moves to confuse opponents.
|A small, fox-like creature with red-orange fur. It has six tails and can control fire.
|A small, round creature with pink fur and big eyes. It can sing a lullaby to put opponents to sleep.
|A small, plant-like creature with blue-green leaves and a purple body. It releases a sweet scent to attract prey.
|A small, fuzzy creature with large eyes and purple fur. It can release toxic powder from its body.
|A small, mole-like creature with brown fur and a round nose. It can burrow underground and is rarely seen above ground.
|A small, bipedal cat with brown fur and a gold coin on its forehead. It is known for its ability to collect and hoard valuable items.
|A small, duck-like creature with yellow fur and a vacant expression. It has psychic abilities that it cannot fully control.
|A small, bipedal monkey with brown fur and a red face. It is known for its fierce temperament and powerful attacks.